IO4 – EMPOWER2Learn guide
On this page you can read more information on the Intellectual Output number four: EMPOWER2Learn guide.
The main goal of the online toolkit we developed, is to lower the treshold and aid adoption for teachers who want to use ICT (including ICT with AI) for personalised learning of their students. That is why it is so important that the toolkit that the toolkit offers an easy to access inspiration to both in-service teachers, pre-service teachers and teacher trainers on how they can transform their teaching, but also to policy makers and other stakeholders on how personalised learning can be implemented in educational organizations.
To shape this toolkit, we went through several activities:
- Empathize: learning more about our target audience for whom we ware designing, which are K-12 teachers, teacher trainers and policy makers. This is important since we need to know more about their specific needs in order to optimize the use of the toolkit.
- Define: defining the principles on which the toolkit should build, based on what is important. This includes the needs and viewpoints of the target group, but also other elements:
- Technical design principles
- Multimedia design-principles
- Usability design-principles
- Sustainability design-principles
- Legal design-principles
- Ideate: this is the brainstorming part to come up with creative ideas and solutions, given the prerequisites defined in earlier stages.
- Prototype: build a representation of the ideas and solutions from activity 3. This first led to the design of mockups and wire frames, to then move on to effective developments.
- Test & iterate: Showing, testing, discussing and adapting the developed ideas to ensure that the toolkit is fully capable of fulfilling its purpose.
Expected impact/ results
- Anyone should be able to access the E2L-guide, which means that everyone from all over Europe and further can get inspired by the E2L-guide and find support to innovate their own teaching. In addition, educators/ teacher trainers will be provided with useful material in order to re-design their current CPD-activities
- Users will get a deeper expertise of the possibilities and challenges with ICT- supported personalised learning in K-12 education
- Users will get an immediate overview of the state-of-the-art-insights of how technologies, including artificial intelligence, can support personalization and the ethics involved in using ED tech products created to support personalization
- Offer users examples of successful CPD-activities for ICT-supported personalised learning
- Users will get an enhanced and more nuanced positive attitude to ICT-supported learning in K-12 education and more teachers and school leaders will implement ICT-supported personalised learning in their schools, classrooms and CPD-activities